Okay, so I haven’t posted since JULY! What is wrong with me? It’s been a crazy fall, and I just haven’t been myself, but I am hoping for great things in 2012, so the blog should be back in action!
And, I couldn’t leave 2011 without my annual YEAR IN REVIEW… it’s been around for a long time- gotta keep up the tradition!
so Here We Go!
The Year in Review: 2011
It’s back for another year!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Adopted a dog from the humane society, bought NEW furniture, had surgery
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I did okay with our resolution of sticking to our budget more and working about the house on projects (especially the past 2 months!)
1) Be grateful for the little things.
2) Take care of me.
3) Pay down debt.
4) Love and appreciate the wonderful people in my life.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Jenny and Edward welcomed our niece Cali, Gina and Peter welcomed Eric, and Megan and John welcomed the twins- Tessa and Kate
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What states/countries did you visit?
Georgia! and Illinios
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Appreciation of the good of each day. Positive outlook. Happier situation at work.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 24- the day we welcomed Clyde to our family!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being appointed Co Chair of the Milwaukee Walk Now for Autism Speaks!
9. What was your biggest regret of the year?
Having to leave my favorite class!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got the flu in February- 5 days of feverish hell. And minor surgery in December.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our Couches! Clyde! The Cricut!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Tim for being patient with me!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Someone who shall not be named here.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Furniture, bills, house
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
FURNITURE! and Clyde!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
“Party Rock” LMFAE; Anything by Adele
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter 😦
iii. richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Showing appreciation to those I love, taking care of myself.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Taking on stressful situations
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We hosted a great Christmas Eve gathering! Schinker family Christmas the next morning and a night at my in laws. Pretty good overall.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
YES! With our gorgeous dog Clyde!
23. How many one-night stands?
It doesn’t count as a one night stand when you are married!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
We got rid of cable this year! The one I watched the most was Biggest Loser
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No real hate here… just general annoyance
26. What was the best book you read?
The Hunger Games Trilogy!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Loved Adele this year
28. What did you want and get?
A dog, NEW FURNITURE, a cricut
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Tie between The Blind Side and The Help
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33. No great shakes here.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being in my old building, not being so stressed out with my job, taking time for things I love.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Practical- Old Navy, scarves and a touch of Vera
33. What kept you sane?
Tim. My bffs. Renee and Jen.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oh Ryan Braun…..
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I am a teacher who lives and works in Wisconsin- what do you think?
36. Who did you miss?
My BFFs- did not spend enough time with them!
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I have met some pretty great coworkers, and the awesome members of the Walk Now for Autism Committee!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Love is unconditional. Things will not be perfect. People will not be perfect. But, we will love deeply and passionately and completely, just the same.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Don’t underestimate the things that I will do
There’s a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch
And it’s bringing me out the dark
“Rolling in the Deep”- Adele