The Year in Review: 2010
It’s back for another year!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Used a SMART board (and now use it every day!); went through the locks in Sault Ste Marie; rode bikes with my husband around Mackinac Island; baked a ham for Easter for the family; bought a car with my husband and refinanced our house!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
No resolutions last year… This year, I am working on being more organized, accomplishing more about the house to make it a home, and stick to a budget with Tim to work on paying down debt.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Jenny and John welcomed Eddie last summer! Hopefully, more babies in 2011- we are anxiously awaiting our second niece, and John and Megan’s twin girls, and Laura and John’s little one!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness!
5. What states/countries did you visit?
Illinois and Michigan this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Increased value in myself. More finished about the house. Appreciation of the good in each day
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My dad’s bypass surgery day. It was super stressful and scary- but turned out well! Thank goodness!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
finding focus for me
9. What was your biggest regret of the year?
Not making time for the things and people I should.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nothing major- a few colds, and a stomach virus, that’s all
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Tim for putting up with me and being a wonderful husband!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Someone who shall not be named here.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, savings, house
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My Kindle, Eddie’s birth, our Michigan vacation
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
“Amazing” Bruno Mars
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner
iii. richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending time with those I love, working on the house, not worrying!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Thinking poorly of myself
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We hosted our families for Christmas Eve, and it was wonderful! Christmas Day we visited Aunt Kathy, Auntie Chris and Tim’s Parents. It was pretty near perfect overall!
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes, with My Kindle! Ha! And Tim amazes me more and more…
23. How many one-night stands?
It doesn’t count as a one night stand when you are married!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey’s Anatomy, Biggest Loser, Til Debt Do Us Part
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No real hate here… just general annoyance
26. What was the best book you read?
I really liked House Rules by Jodi Piccoult
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Loved me some Bruno Mars and Black Eyed Peas this year… and anything catchy!
28. What did you want and get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I think “little fockers” was the only movie I saw in the theaters. It was quite funny!
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32, sadly, I don’t really remember it!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having some people here who are not with us any more. Not much else (other than maybe a bun in the oven)
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Practical, Old Navy with a touch of Vera.
33. What kept you sane?
Tim. My bffers.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oh Ryan Braun…..
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Gulf Oil Spill cleanup
36. Who did you miss?
My BFFs- did not spend enough time with them!
37. Who was the best new person you met?
My Student Teachers (From spring- Angela and fall- Carolyn) both were great and taught me so much!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Love is unconditional. Things will not be perfect. People will not be perfect. But, we will love deeply and passionately and completely, just the same.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
It’ll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience
Said sugar make it slow
And we’ll come together fine
All we need is just a little patience